Hire a Car Uganda Car Rental Checklist
Car Rental attentiveness can make a big difference to the way you travel. Save yourself time and money by following our car rental checklist and enjoy a quicker, easier and convenient rental experience.
What to bring to the counter
Make sure you have the following identification:
- a valid passport or national identification and a photo copy too
- an original valid driving license (with a photocopy)
- if your license is not in English, you will need to have your driver’s license translated by your local road authority or apply for an international driver’s license
Collecting your rental car
- Arrive in time. In case of any delay endeavor to call let us know the time you will be arriving other than the agreed time. It is best to send us your flight details before traveling so that we can monitor your flight schedule.
- Read the car rental agreement thoroughly and please do not hesitate to ask in case of anything you have not understood. The agreement details what the car rental experience is all above.
- hire a car Uganda permits one-way rentals between many of its locations. Relocation fees are applicable and are advised at time of your reservation
- Make a full payment of the car rental services before setting off for your journey. In addition, a receipt and a copy of the car rental agreement should always be given to you.
Check it out
Before you drive make sure you check:
- indicators and the lighting and windscreen wipers of the car
- the rental car is clean
- that the vehicle has no existing damage (scratches, dents, glass damage). If there is existing damage, make sure this is documented in your rental agreement and the photos are taken
Remember; if you find a defect make the hire a car Uganda staff at the pick-up location aware of your concerns or damage.
Returning the hire car
To avoid unnecessary charges:
- return the car at the due date
- Check your car for new damage. Let the company know about them so that they can look for a way forward.
- Keep a copy of the report of the damage given to you by the police together with the rental contract
- Return the car with the correct amount of fuel as it was delivered to you.
- The company will clean the car, but it is always noble to dispose off your rubbish out of the car when returning it.